Re: Oracle Selects Sun As Reference Platform ... again

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 20:34:05 +0100

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:46:43 GMT, "Rodrick Brown" <rodrick.brown_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>No surprise there, I really dont see how anyone with a half a brain could
>choose Linux over Solaris in the enterprise.

Could you elaborate. I see more and more customers desiring to switch from Winblows to Linux, because they want to cut down their costs, and Linux is 'free'. I'm personally almost certain sooner or later those customers will regret the day they decided for Linux, as soon as they don't get their bugs ironed out asap.
I have one customer switching from ..... blow trumpet.... Solaris to Linux.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA