Re: 10g RAC: max performance & min cost with miSCSI?

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:35:24 -0600

On 2005-11-17, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Heikki Siltala wrote:
>> DA Morgan wrote:

[deletia]
>> Of course, if didn't have to consider the budget, we would buy four node
>> system and fiber channel SAN.
>>
>> --
>> Heikki
>
> Fibre channel SAN with 7TB of disk can be had for well under $12K USD.
> The fabric switch for under $4K USD. Reconsider your choices.

        This is with NetApp? No one I talked to about netapp gear was able to come in at this pricepoint. This even included used hardware. I am not even sure that 7TB of SATA could be had for only 12K.

--
	The best OS in the world is ultimately useless         |||
	if it is controlled by a Tramiel, Jobs or Gates.      / | \