Re: Uninstall Patchset

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 22 Nov 2005 05:21:12 -0800

henniez33_at_yahoo.de wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm pretty new to Oracle and need to uninstall a Patchset. (Oracle
> 9.2.0.7)
> There are no backups of the DB or Filesystem as it was before
> installing the patchset.
>
> Can I safely create a DB Backup (RMAN) of the current databases then
> uninstall/reinstall Oracle? Or are the RMAN Backups also dependent on
> the patchset?
>
> Cheers,
> Beat

Do you really need anything in the contents of your current database? If so what specifically?

One alternative is to just rip out your current install, install again from base and patch back up to whatever patchset you want to operate from ( 9.2.0.6 maybe ?). Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 07:21:12 CST