Re: Oracle 10g using SAN

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:45:17 -0800

JW wrote:

> Do you mean I need to set up 3 LUN ? one for data, one for index and
> one for redo log and archivelog ?

No. What I am telling you is that it isn't simple and you really need someone that is a storage engineer help you.

Consider this: Do you have more than 1 CPU? Are you planning on running anything in parallel? If so 1 LUN kills performance. I would have to say that a large percentage of the problems I see in consulting are the result of poor storage architecture. And 1 LUN is not necessarily the wrong answer ... but it is often definitely not the right one.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org