Re: accidentallly deleted 2 REDO logs, ora 9.2

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:55:55 +0100

On 10 Nov 2005 13:31:17 -0800, "barneytoe" <barneytoe_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>wow, that was WAY too easy. Thank you all.
>
>How did people solve problems before usenet? Did they actually have to
>learn the stuff ? ;)

Pretty much the only resource was the FM, and you didn't want to call support for every stupid question you could have been looking up. They also pointed you at courses, at that time.

You don't know how spoilt you are with people answering all your questions for free in their own spare free time.

>Here's what I did:
>1) use enterprise manager to mount the DB (DB dummies like me don't
>know how to mount) -sqlplus won't let you on when redo's are messed up

Blatantly incorrect, that happens when you are handicapped because you can't read anymore, but only click away.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA