Re: Question about update from 10gR1 to 10gR2

From: Jining Han <jining.han_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2005 11:44:06 -0800

Things are just nastier in Windows than in Unix:) You have to worry about Registry, therefore deleting and re-creating them are safer and cleaner ways of doing it.

I think you can copy the .ora files from the old ORACLE_HOME\network\admin into the correponding directory in the new ORACLE_HOME, and then do the rest using NETCA.

When I was working with 9i in Windows, I sometimes had to resort to SC delete to delete Registry entries.

Good luck
JH Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 13:44:06 CST