Table Fragmentation?

From: SG <ab_at_cd.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:10:48 GMT

We have a 10.1.0.2 Standard RAC running on RHEL 3.0 ES. Our custom app runs great for 3 months or so and then it gets slow. The same queries get really slow. The indexes appear to be ok, we rebuild then as necessary. Once it gets slow, we export, drop user/schema with cascade, import data and all is back to normal speed. So, what is the first thing I should look for with these symptoms? We are using LMT so tablespace fragmentation shouldn't be a thought, correct? How about the table? I am new to this so please bare with me. What queries can I run against the database to get a baseline for the "health" of tables while running well, versus when the system "slows" down? Any suggest, insights, advice much appreciated. TIA.

SG Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 13:10:48 CST