Re: Concurrent i/o

From: Matthias Hoys <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 21:04:19 +0100

>> If "concurrent" is equivalent to "direct" IO, then you'll want to ensure
>
> more like: direct I/O + async I/O
>
> For the OT: I have it on several systems and I didn't hit any issue/bug so
> far.
>
> But I have read something on metalink regarding higher time during
> recovery.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Fabrizio Magni

Yes we already use async i/o.
Regarding your configuration : do you use it for 10g ? What's the block size of your database and your filesystems ? (I think they must be the same when using cio). Are your online redo log files using the same filesystems ?

Thanks
Matthias Received on Tue Nov 08 2005 - 14:04:19 CST