Re: Exciting Oracle News :: Oracle DB Worm Code Published :: Oracle Passwords Crack in Mere Minutes

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 7 Nov 2005 19:17:46 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:

> How many oracle databases are there out there that are at risk? How
> many times do developers or consultants or contractors unskilled or too
> "busy" install things and leave them at default settings? Way too
> often.

I think this is a very good point. I'm reminded of the problems Microslop
had with their attitude of leaving everything open and expecting/hoping admins would clamp down. It didn't happen. It won't happen with Oracle
either. They need to get their installs to disable all the dangerous stuff.
It's then up to the punters to enable what they need, on their own time

and responsibility.

> It's bad news for all of us.

yeah, but think of the consultancy rates! ;) Received on Mon Nov 07 2005 - 21:17:46 CST