Re: Oracle 10g Express, should just about kill the MySQL and Postgresql gang

From: boobie <boobie.webdeveloper_at_mailnull.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 03:02:45 -0500

"Sybrand Bakker"
> Do you need multiple instances for web development?
> I don't think so.
> You can have multiple schema's in Oracle.
> Admitted, most people exposed to other products don't know that, and
> as they never read manuals, they won't notice.

Sybrand,
I was referring to the "Open-source" web dev COMMUNITY. Most of these coders don't have their own server or even own domain.

I was pointing to the fact that MySQL is so widely used in that "circle" because you can have your OWN MySQL in most hosted enviornmen and do your PHP stuff on it. Received on Mon Nov 07 2005 - 02:02:45 CST