Re: Oracle 10g Express, should just about kill the MySQL and Postgresql gang

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 04:44:16 -0800

boobie wrote:
> "Sybrand Bakker"
>

>>Do you need multiple instances for web development?
>>I don't think so.
>>You can have multiple schema's in Oracle.
>>Admitted, most people exposed to other products don't know that, and
>>as they never read manuals, they won't notice.

> Sybrand,
> I was referring to the "Open-source" web dev COMMUNITY.
> Most of these coders don't have their own server or even own domain.
  1. An inexpensive desktop is sufficient to be a server
  2. If they can't afford a $5/yr domain they don't exist as a commercial venture
  3. If they need more than this why would any software company consider them to be anything other than a hobbyist? -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)