Re: Designing RAC Storage For A Small University

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 4 Nov 2005 16:32:34 -0800

#Tim wrote:
#> Riddle me this, though: there seem to be plenty of cheap NAS boxes
out
#> there like the HP ProLiant DL100 -
#> http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/dl100storageserver/
.
#> This seems a much more reasonable price point. Will this work with
an
#> Oracle RAC? Or is RAC not even the only clustering option for Oracle
#> servers?
#>
#> As you can tell, I'm a bit lost in all this :-)

I would think that NAS might. Talk to some EMC and/or Dell or whatever sales representatives they should be able to point out some appropriate technical documentation specific to RAC.

Keep googling around and asking the right questions. I would bet if you search this newsgroup ( cdos ) you can find some good hits on SAN versus NAS versus direct attached.

All my experience is with direct attached storage(currently high end EMC symmetrix via fibre channel). Received on Fri Nov 04 2005 - 18:32:34 CST