Re: Debugging an Oracle connection

From: Marian Aldenhövel <marian_at_mba-software.de>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:02:40 +0100

Hi,

> ORA-12514 is a common error. When you search the archives of this
> group you will see numerous people posting the same question

Yes, I did see that. Unfortunately none of the answers applies to my case. My tnsnames.ora is OK. I _can_ connect using the settings.

I realize that this group is not about Borland Delphi but the fact that I can connect at designtime and not at runtime is very strange as it is the same code trying the connect and it uses the same parameters.

> If you verify your tnsnames.ora and that doesn't resolve it, you can
> enable sqlnet tracing on the client side.

Thank you for mentioning that keyword. It helped me find a few bits of information and yields exactly the kind of logging I was after. Even if it does not make any sense to me yet :-).

> Could you *please* try do some more research of your own, instead of
> posting this FAQ *yet again* *rightaway*???

What exactly makes you think I didn't?

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Marian Aldenhövel, Non-Oracle-DBA-but-still-forced-to-act-like-one :-) Received on Mon Oct 31 2005 - 11:02:40 CST