Re: RMAN Open Database Tablespace Restore

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:56:10 GMT

Point in time and SYSTEM tablespace recovery are two cases that I can not imagine a simple tablespace recovery with DB online. You may want to look through the Oracle9i RMAN Users Guide for more.

Hope you realize that you do not need to acces SQLPLUS. RMAN includes the SQL command so you could simplify to

  1. rman target / nocatalog
  2. RMAN> sql 'alter tablespace users offline';
  3. RMAN> restore tablespace users;
  4. RMAN> recover tablespace users;
  5. RMAN> sql 'alter tablespace users online';
--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com