Re: Adjusting to DB2

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:19:23 -0600

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:4360c3c1$0$8615$5a62ac22_at_per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...
> I did. The ports get delayed to make it look "simultaneous".
> Oldest trick in the book. I'm surprised IBM is even attempting
> that one...

> Cheers
> Nuno Souto

Unfortunately for you, IBM releases fixpacks every 3 months or so and releases them all at the same time for platforms supported by DB2 for Linux, UNIX, Windows. IBM publishes a list of APAR's (problems) that are fixed in each fixpack. The latest fixpack 10 lists 400 APAR fixes.

In my opinion, they sometimes push the code out too fast, as opposed to your theory about the releases being delayed on purpose. Received on Thu Oct 27 2005 - 13:19:23 CDT