Cannot connec to http://localhost:5500/em on Windows XP Pro SP1

From: David Grant <icebold54_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2005 08:55:54 -0700

Hi To Everybody,

I'm quite a newbie to Oracle so I beg you to forgive my lack of knowledge about common issues in Oracle Databases.

I've installed an Oracle 10g 10.1.0.2.0 Database into a Windows XP Pro SP1 Athlon XP 1800 PC with 1Gb of RAM.

The Oracle's software has been downloaded from Oracle's webpage and copied into a CD.

I 've created (and formatted) a 18Gb NTFS partition on my HDD in order to make a clean install.

After formatting the HDD I've created de Windows XP Pro SP1 partition with an administrator account and a user account. Once windows installation has finished I've copied into the HDD the Oracle's software I had burnt on the CD and I've launched it.

I've chosen the Personal Edition installation and I've created a started database with schema examples.

When the installation has finished I've gone to http://localhost:5500/em and created a user ("USER1") to access the ORCL starter database. I've given this user almost each role and privilege I've been able to.

Also I've created a 'Local Net Service Name' (the 3rd option in the Net configuration assistant) with the "Net Configuration Assistant". The name of this service name has been orcl so that it matches the started db name. As user/password I've used the ones I has previously created on the 'Enterprise Manager'.

The problem comes when I reboot twice the PC and I realize that I cannot access the http://localhost:5500/em anymore. I've checked the Oracle services on 'Administrative Tools' from 'Control Panel' and I've found the following list:

OracleCSSService
OracleDBConsoleorcl
OracleJobSchedulerORCL

OracleOraDb10g_home2iSQL*Plus
OracleOraDb10g_home2SNMPPeerEncapsulator
OracleOraDb10g_home2SNMPPeerMasterAgent
OracleOraDb10g_home2Listener

OracleServiceORCL

Some of them were running and some of them not, so I've launched the whole bunch of them (OracleCSSService has had a 'starting' status the whole time). I've tried again to connect to http://localhost:5500/em but, Unfortunately, I've not succeeded ('Cannot Show Page' Error on IExplorer /'Connection Refused Error' on Firefox).

Since Oracle's installation finished, I have had access the whole time to SQL*Plus, iSQL*Plus (and even SQLTools) but the Enterprise Manager seems to be dead after two reboots (after the first reboot it worked fine, althoug it spent a lot of time to load on IE).

Anybody could give me any clue to solve this issue?

TIA,
David Grant Received on Sat Oct 22 2005 - 10:55:54 CDT