Re: Basic SQL Question, re. logging costly sql

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2005 16:01:07 -0700

>Getting statspack up and running only takes 5 minutes.
>Your decision to put it at the bottom of a list is very questionable.

Most things take 5 minutes if you've done them several times. Look at how long I've been mucking with RMAN, trying to get it going for the first time! And NOW, I have to work out the differences in 10g's RMAN. Ahh, the fun never stops. ;)

Besides, it's not a conscious decision to NOT do it; I just have bigger fish to fry most of the time.

But, I'm sure statspack is considerably more straightforward than RMAN. I'll try to bump it up on the priority list, as I know it's something we'd benefit from. Received on Wed Oct 19 2005 - 18:01:07 CDT