Re: How to query a string in Hex or byte format

From: <vwu_at_anacomp.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2005 09:33:40 -0700

The NLS_LANG on the Oracle Client machine (Sun) is WE8ISO8859P1, the database is UTF8, I check the code pages on these two character sets they both represent character Ñ as 0xD1, but when I query the string in Hex form using RAWTOHEX() function, found out in 8i it converted to character Q (0x51), in 9i it converted to character ¿ (0xBF) Received on Wed Oct 19 2005 - 11:33:40 CDT