Oracle Install Question

From: <art_at_chicagorsvp.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2005 09:33:54 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I'm kind of new to Oracle. I need to apply my first patch. I was looking at thus URL:
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=333956.1&blackframe=1

We are running Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.21. It looks like I do not need to patch based on the version numbers?

However, I see near the bottom of the page there is a patch for Oracle Workspace Manager. So, I ran this query to see if we have it installed:

SQL> select ' With the '||parameter||' option'   2 from sys.v_$option
  3 where value = 'TRUE';

I did not see the Workspace Manager in the list. However, I checked the install log in $ORACLE_BASE/oraInventory/logs and looked at the 'Current Inventory' section and saw this:

Current Inventory:

        Independent Products:
                Oracle Universal Installer 2.2.0.18.0
                Java Runtime Environment 1.1.8.3.0
                Java Runtime Environment 1.3.1.0.0a
        Oracle Home: ORACLE_HOME
                Database Workspace Manager 9.2.0.1.0

So, is it installed, or isn't it? I do not see it from my SQL query, but I see it in the logs........

Can anyone provide me some further help? I do not want to screw something up with this patch.

Thanks. Received on Wed Oct 19 2005 - 11:33:54 CDT