Re: All OracleServiceSIDs not starting

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:53:58 -0700

steve.morrell_at_white-carbon.com wrote:
> We've never had any problems with win 2k before. Really at my wits end
> trying to figure out what's changed recently to cause this.
>
> As to 8.1.6, yeah I know it's a clunky old dinosaur, but all of our
> clients are still using it in production, so we need to have some
> instances to test and develop against. It'd be so much easier without
> all these clients paying the bills :)

Move your clients to 8.1.7.4. Version 8.1.6, even with the .2 patch is a horror story. You are doing yourselves and your clients no favor by continuing to work in what is not just a clunky old dinosaur but one that is suffering from several untreatable diseases.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org