Re: Oracle - solving performance problem

From: <mark_sensfan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2005 13:48:14 -0700

Also, I should mention the 64 bit is basically so a large SGA can be created. I'm not sure how well it will help, I was sort of lead in that direction as the solution to our problems so then my focus was set on getting hardware that can allow for a huge SGA value. (which brought me hear with my questions). Further research in this group showed me people with far more data using smaller SGA values then I mentioned. After some digging around and reading the comments here I noticed the different parts that make up the SGA value and have learned we aren't making good use of what we currently have for example one SGA component is taking up 40% of the total SGA area, but never actually gets used that much. Received on Thu Oct 13 2005 - 15:48:14 CDT