Re: Oracle - solving performance problem

From: <mark_sensfan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2005 13:35:49 -0700

I guess we suspect I/O is playing a role because I'm told an AWRRPT report was conducted and its reporting the high I/O in both the read and write ratios of 2-3. As well as high wait times milliseconds, 13-20 milliseconds. However, I've also learned we may be making more reads than we perhaps need to. Something I hope suggestions here and tuning can help with.

I think our folks do understand the data such that its apparant we need to read a lot of the entire database. Meaning I don't that we have portions that are historical and therefore could somehow work around that.

I'm actually not confident that a larger box will help, I was worried that it may not solve the problem completely, or solve it in the short term and we are forced to revisit the issue constantly. Received on Thu Oct 13 2005 - 15:35:49 CDT