Re: ownership of shadow server process

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2005 02:00:09 -0700

Sybrand is 100% correct. We have started Oracle from our DBA group ID's more than once and the Oracle database background processes show under our ID's. The database runs fine. It is just a minor annoyance that UNIX shows the owner to be someone other than Oracle.

As for your second question just remember the old UNIX adage: UNIX is UNIX and all UNIX systems are exactly alike, except where they differ. Maybe this is just one of those differences.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Oct 12 2005 - 04:00:09 CDT