Question: Rman duplication - requries _all_ backup sets?

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2005 11:53:35 -0700

Hey, all.

I'm working through db duplication, and have been able to make it work on the same local server.

I'm setting it up to duplicate to a remote server, using a different directory structure. I have my script set with the rename statements, and everything seems fine syntax-wise - but I kind of expected it to only use the most recent backup set when it did the dupe.

I run the script, and it fails, saying it cannot locate 'filename', where 'filename' refers to a previous backup set file of the target db.

I'm not sure if this concerns a parameter in my dupe, such as an
'until' clause, or if RMAN reqires that _all_ backup sets which exist
on the target server also exist on the server housing the auxiliary. That would be a pain, if I'd done a month of backups and only want to dupe the most recent; I'd have to copy all sets over to the
'destination' server.

Can someone comment on this?

Thanks!!

BD Received on Tue Oct 11 2005 - 13:53:35 CDT