Re: Database Buffer Cache Hit Ratio

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2005 13:33:28 -0700

EdStevens wrote:
> Joel Garry wrote:
> > Hans wrote:
> >
> <snip>
>
> > Yes, it was (I didn't specify that you had said it because of google
> > reply strangenesses - sometimes it quotes the message being replied to,
> > where you can't see the other replies, and other times it opens a box
> > with no quoting amid a page of replies displayed. I sometimes remember
> > not to attribute from memory :-).
>
> <snip>
>
> Funny you should mention this. I've observed the same thing over the
> last few days and was debating with myself whether to post an 'OT'
> message asking if anyone else had observed this behavior and had a
> solution. I have observed that my first reply of a session (as this
> one is) brings up a full reply page with the original fully quoted in
> the 'message' box. But any subsequent replies showing the other
> behavior you described. If I log off of Google then click 'reply' I'm
> again prompted to log on and then get the fully quoted reply page.
>
> All rather odd.

Not really odd if you try all the permutations. Although sometimes it is screwy, in general if you reply without logging in and get the login screen, you get the quoted one, otherwise the (I suppose Java) empty box. The other permutation is using the preview screen then edit, which seems to have a different screen width setting than otherwise. Sometimes. I think.

Also, you can quote through "show options" replying http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14213&topic=250 though I would prefer to have a default quoted reply box _and_ the rest of the thread visible.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  'Mr Mickos cited a comparison of Oracle and MySQL
made my Oracle president, Charles Phillips, at the Vortex Conference in