Any easy way to chenge the SORT_AREA_SIZE setting of import session?

From: AnySQL (d.c.b.a) <anysql_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2005 16:43:54 -0700

Hi all:

    Sort_area_size is critical to the speed of build index, how ever when we use exp/imp to transfer data, there is no command option to specify the sort_area_size.

    I did a test that an "ALTER SESSION SET SORT_AREA_SIZE ..." command can be embed into the dmp binary. Why oracle did not provide an option in imp tool to change the setting.

    Is there another easy way to accomplish this?

AnySQL from China
http://www.anysql.net/en/ Received on Tue Sep 27 2005 - 18:43:54 CDT