A few security questions

From: <miloann2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2005 16:22:53 -0700

I have a few security related questions and would like to hear from you if these are really an issue in the real world. If yes what their risks are. Any comments are appreciated.

  1. In the init.ora file, is it mandatory that we need to have the entries REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT and OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX. If yes, what values should be set? True or False?
  2. Using grep -i dba/etc/group and I have the following result: dbadev::511: and dba::510:secadm. Would these be appropriate? If not, what would be the risk?
  3. In the dba_profiles table, the SESSIONS_PER_USAER is set to unlimited.
  4. In the dba_profiles table, the password settings are all set to DEFAULT.
  5. In the system tablespace, we have a lot of objects that are owned by non SYS account.
  6. Have a few entries in the sys.link$ whose passwords are not null.

Does Oracle have any offical recommendations on these items? Thanks. Received on Tue Sep 27 2005 - 18:22:53 CDT