granting problems ...

From: steph <stephan0h_at_gmx.net>
Date: 27 Sep 2005 10:10:29 -0700

Hi all,

I have a table for which i want to grant select privilige to a group of users. Therefore I create a role and grant select on the table to this role. Then i grant the role to the users.

I would have expected that my users can now select from this table. Nevertheless this is not so. Only when I grant select privilege directly to a user this user has access on the table.

I'm sure I make a rather dumb error here, but nevertheless I'm stuck with it. Can someone give a hint?

By the way, I'm using Oracle 10g on Linux (if this makes any difference)

Thanks,
Stephan Received on Tue Sep 27 2005 - 12:10:29 CDT