Re: MYDUL avaialbe for recovery, another choise of DUL.

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 27 Sep 2005 06:31:59 -0700

AnySQL (d.c.b.a) wrote:
> Hi David:
>
> Thanks for you notification!
>
> I did not use any reverse tool and try to find the logic in oracle
> dul binary. And I have interesting in the illegal issue, can you give
> me more information about what's is illegal and what is legal?
>
> Thank you!

You undestand how DUL operates, you set about to write a tool to perform the same function, you have DONE so (such as it is), and you've named your tool in a manner consistent with how Oracle has named theirs. You have ALSO advdertised your product for public use as an alternative to Oracle's proprietary software. To me this is a clear breach of the licence agreement. Your advertisement in this newsgroup ("MYDUL avaialbe for recovery, another choise of DUL."), although misspelled, clearly indicates you intend this 'product' be used as a replaceemnt for Oracle's licensed software. Your act differs from those of Jonathan Lewis, Cary Millsap, Thomas Kyte and others as they do not compete with Oracle in the marketplace with 'clone' products, they disseminate information; you obviously ARE attempting to compete with Oracle and have decided to do so by poorly duplicating a proprietary utility and offering it for use without qualified support.

I would SERIOUSLY consider talking with an attorney to discover the extent of your violations. And until this matter is resolved I'd stop advertising this 'tool' of yours to prevent any further legal action which may arise.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Sep 27 2005 - 08:31:59 CDT