Re: Thank you

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2005 14:14:22 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:48:40 -0700, "Jim Kennedy"
> > <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net> wrote:
> >

> > >"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message

> > >It was a lot of fun and we didn't break the number 1 rule of conventions.
> > >(remember the time, don't be memorable.<grin>)
> > >Jim
> > >

> > Thank you both for pointing out this isn't a worldwide forum.
> >
> > --
> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

> Mr. Bakker, what are you talking about?

> If you pay to attend it, everyone can attend.
>

> There were many participants from Latin America, Europe, Africa, and
> the Far East, Australia, everywhere.

> The cdos forum is also worldwide.

Actually, the hosted event in question was a cdos gathering, at least one person present was not an OOW participant. Any meatworld event having to do with a worldwide forum is likely to discriminate against those who are geographically undesireable. Anyone can call for a cdos event anywhere they want, although it is unlikely that too many will show up unless there is some other event to attract out-of-area attendees (or maybe near a LUG...).

That was a tasty banana-strawberry margarita, I must say. Thanks Mark!

Not so sure if I'll be going to Vegas for the next OOW, I was a bit hungry for more meatier sessions. There was at least one session in every time slot that I wanted to go to, most were good, but only a couple were the intense "whoa, I'll need to go back to the cd to cram all this stuff into my head" that I crave at this point. I got the impression that the Peoplesoft people were really upset at a lot of things, including how they had so many schedule changes. Non-apps people were a very small minority and kinda got lost in the shuffle. To be clear, I think it was worth the money. Dana Carvey and Berlin, gravy!

Also, nearly all the relatives I had in Vegas have moved elsewhere, so if I have to get a hotel, I might as well go to hotsos. Been to Vegas a bazillion times, used to have a condo there when my parents lived there.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"First, one must last." - Hemingway