10g RAC install on firewire failing

From: Mark <maiden.mark_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2005 01:05:08 -0700

Hi,

I am following Jeffrey Hunters doc
(http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/hunter_rac10g.html) for installing RAC on two nodes using a firewire drive for storage.

All steps have worked perfectly up until I try and create a db and instances using the DBCA. It crashes with the error that Oracle is not available and shared memory realm does not exist.

I've tried this several times and get the same result each time. Has anybody else experienced this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark. Received on Mon Sep 26 2005 - 03:05:08 CDT