convert RAC to single node

From: Jarod.Sun <Jarod.Sun_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2005 00:20:45 -0700

OS: AIX5
RAC: 9204 our purpose: sync a 7*24 production database data to a signle node database.

we use IBM storage technical to suspend all I/O on RAC when we began to sync those data. and at target node we prepare a same enviorment database that same with our production enviorment.the sync action successfully. but when we startup the single node instance we got a ORA1578 error that indicate a block error on UNDOTBS2. our instance use UNDOTBS1. but we sync all physical file from rac enviorment with raw device. and we ensure that these file avaliable on this single node machine.

but why we get ora1578 error. we use dbv to check the error file,but report no error found.

i think the reason is when we do sync action from rac the database is inconsistent so we startup our single node instance it actully act as node1 for rac and it to rollback un-commited data from undotbs.but the single instance have only one undo tbs UNDOTBS1. through the tbs2 consist in database. but the rollback couldn't complete?????

is't right? Received on Mon Sep 26 2005 - 02:20:45 CDT