Re: double line spacing in smtp

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:55:42 -0700

Chuck wrote:

> MikeS wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm trying to email print formatted files using utl_smtp. Message is
>>received ok but attachment has a double line spacing.
>>
>>What's the best way to handle this type of file?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Mike.
>>

> IMHO it's best not to use an RDBMS as a mail client. Yes, I know it can
> be done and that Oracle includes the SMTP packages, but why bother with
> them when a standard mail client is so much simpler to use?

I can answer that "why bother" question.

  1. Security
  2. Simplicity
  3. Platform independence

I'm not sure what is simpler than sending emails from Oracle. If it takes more than 5 minutes to set it up you didn't copy the many functional demos on the web including the one in Morgan's Library.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org