Re: How to autostart Oracle 10g on SuSE 9.3

From: Fabrizio <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:06:55 GMT

Christian Meier wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am not able to get my Oracle 10g Database starting on System startup.
> Listerner and emctl are running very vell but the Databases i have to
> start by foot. At this time I have the following 2 Shellscripts in
> rc.d/rc5.d/
>
> S01setenviroment.sh
> export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/10gR2
> export ORACLE_SID=oracle
>
> S25startemctl.sh
> su oracle -c '$ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl start dbconsole'
>
> and I have also placed a Symlink of Oracles dbstart into the
> rc5.d/S24dbstart
>
> How can I start the Databases automatically??
>
> THX!
> Christian Meier

Suse provides the orarun packages containing the start and stop script (but they lack support for some 10g components like dbconsole).

Make sure that the DB you want to start automatically are marked with Y in your oratab:
ln -s /etc/oratab /var/opt/oracle/oratab if you have a "bugged" oracle version.

Regards

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com