How to autostart Oracle 10g on SuSE 9.3

From: Christian Meier <tomtailor_at_freesurf.fr>
Date: 24 Sep 2005 04:35:58 -0700

Hello!

I am not able to get my Oracle 10g Database starting on System startup. Listerner and emctl are running very vell but the Databases i have to start by foot. At this time I have the following 2 Shellscripts in rc.d/rc5.d/

S01setenviroment.sh
export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/10gR2 export ORACLE_SID=oracle

S25startemctl.sh
su oracle -c '$ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl start dbconsole'

and I have also placed a Symlink of Oracles dbstart into the rc5.d/S24dbstart

How can I start the Databases automatically??

THX!
Christian Meier Received on Sat Sep 24 2005 - 06:35:58 CDT