Connecting .Net app remotely to Oracle 9i database without OracleClient installed

From: John <jflemingnj_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2005 09:33:13 -0700

Hello,

I am developing a .Net (version 1.1) application in C# for which I need to connect remotely to an Oracle 9i database server. To accomplish this I was attempting to use the .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle (System.Data.OracleClient.dll). However, this application will be distributed to multiple clients so I do not want to require that they install OracleClient.

It seems I am running out of solutions other than purchasing 3rd party software or developing a web service to wrap the calls. The application is also using Oracle Lite and, subsequently Mobile Server to sychronize data with the remote database. Is there any way to make use of Mobile Server to execute separate, non-synchronization related, database calls as well?

Thanks for any help in advance.

John Fleming
jflemingnj_at_gmail.com Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 11:33:13 CDT