Re: SQL query time out in ORACLE db

From: <gilroy.ponniah_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2005 09:32:06 -0700

Hi Doug,
After David's suggestion, I have made the query simple with one join command (1st join command in my earlier code) with different column name. However, the query takes forever without any results when I run from SQL plus on ORACLE v9.2. I don't get ORA-03133 error anymore. I had to end-task SQL plus after some time. However, the same simple modified query runs in SQLServer in 4 seconds with results. I even tried to run on one of our customer site who has ORACLE 10g and ended up with same behavior without any results. Other simple queries works and not with JOIN.
Thank you.
Gilroy. Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 11:32:06 CDT