Re: How to reset a pl/sql-collection ?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2005 07:41:20 -0700

Whoops. Jen, I missed where you show you already use arrary := emtpy_array

You can find this recommended by Oracle in the following Oracle white papers on metalink
Note 67604.1 PROCEDURE DBMS_SESSION.FREE_UNUSED_USER_MEMORY Note 35913.1 Tips to Improve the Performance of PL/SQL Applications - V7.X
Note 200028.1 Rows Were Deleted from PL/SQL Table but Memory Remains Allocated

I believe these will also answer your question about the allocated memory, which I did mention.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 09:41:20 CDT