Re: How to check whether package body was defined correctly?

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:33:26 -0400

<qazmlp1209_at_rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1127485049.735071.21130_at_g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> There is a package containing lot of procedures exists in the system.
> Whenever we use the procedures of this package, it gives some errors.
> Now, I would like to check whether there were compilation errors
> reported when this package body was created/defined earlier. Is it
> possible to do this check now i.e. after they were created earlier.

example using package named TABLE_API:

select object_type, status from user_objects where object_name = 'TABLE_API' -- will show INVALID if it did not compile correctly

alter package table_api compile body
-- to recompile the body, drop the work body if the package spec should be recompiled too

select * from user_errors where name = 'TABLE_API' -- lists any compilation errors

++ mcs Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 09:33:26 CDT