ORA-01722: invalid number

From: ampierce <amanda.pierce_at_turner.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2005 08:57:24 -0700

HELP! Okay, I am doing a simple update statement in which I take a decimal field and multiply it by an integer field to populate into a decimal field. Here is my example:

update tts_hlpdsktkt_acq_quotelines
set extprice = numberofitems*unitprice
where ttstktacqquotelineid = '000000000126090'

in my database, the extprice is a decimal field, as well as the unitprice, the numberofitems is an integer field.

I only receive the error if unitprice is over 999. Seems like a "," is getting put in there somehow and it is causing the statement to error out.

Any ideas? Received on Thu Sep 22 2005 - 10:57:24 CDT