Oracle 10g on fedora core4 , with 228 mb ram..can it work?

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2005 04:53:29 -0700

Hello Experts,

MY home pc has 228 mb of ram and I am wondering if I could have oracle 10g/9i on it , on Fedora Core 4.

I know that oracle manual says that we need 512 mb of ram for installing oracle 10g on linux. Still I want to ask, if someone could have oracle 10g/9i installed and running fine with 228 mb of ram? This is for my personal pc at home so I am shying away from buying more ram.

(I know that oracle is certified only on Red Hat Linux not on fedora, but there are workarounds available and present on the web , so in my other pc, which has 1gb of ram and fedora core 4 os, I could get oracle 10g running. -this is all for home pc and not for industry application. )

With thanks,
N. Received on Wed Sep 21 2005 - 06:53:29 CDT