Re: MOD_PLSQL and XHTML

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 20 Sep 2005 10:07:05 -0700

Jeremy wrote:

> According to the specs, XHTML tag names must be in lowercase.
>
> Oracle's mod_plsql generates upper case tags in our app - is there a
> setting to get it to generate lower case tags instead?

Jeremy, MOD_PLSQL does not generate HTML.

The actual question is whether or not the PL/SQL Web Cartridge (consisting of a suite of PL/SQL packages) generate HTML in upper or lower case. Would not seem to be the case.. (and yes, it generates HTML and not XHTML - it has been around since the mid 90's with Oracle 7 long before XHTML standards).

Why should case be an issue? No browser on the market today gives a TCP packet's trailer about the case of HTML. Or am I mistaken?

HTML case? A non-issue issue IMO. There's a lot better things to standardise on when dealing with PL/SQL (which is what MOD_PLSQL runs for you) than dealing with something as trivial as HTML case - something which only a bean counter/manager is likely concerned about, instead of real Oracle development issues. Unless of course he thinks the code that the developers write are perfect?

Sorry if I sound a bit sarcastic on this Jeremy, but on my list of real world issues and standards dealing with PL/SQL and HTML, this does not even feature as the last item.

--
Billy