Re: oracle 9i installment on windows 2003, keeps crashing

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:53:34 +0200

On 19 Sep 2005 13:35:16 -0700, "etravels" <emerryan_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>I have just installed oracle 9i on windows 2003 but sqlplus & OEM keeps
>crashing...the only way is to reboot the pc and restart sqlplus, this
>is not acceptable, is there a patch I can use?
>
>It doesn't happen on windows 2000 server?
>
>any ideas
>thankx

Please make sure you have the correct version. For the older versions of 9i, there has been a separate 2003 patch. Also 'crashing' is very vague. What specific error messages are you getting. From your post it looks like the database is still up and running where only sql*plus crashes. If also the database is crashing, that would be a bigger problem.

The problem you describe doesn't happen for me on Windows 2000 server AND Windows 2003 server. It must be something in your setup, or you must have installed Oracle as domain administrator, as opposed to local administrator.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA