Re: oracle 9i installment on windows 2003, keeps crashing

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 01:27:17 GMT

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:35:16 -0700, etravels interested us by writing:

> I have just installed oracle 9i on windows 2003 but sqlplus & OEM keeps
> crashing...the only way is to reboot the pc and restart sqlplus, this
> is not acceptable, is there a patch I can use?
>
> It doesn't happen on windows 2000 server?
>
> any ideas

Yes - my idea is that you are using the same CDs to install on 2003 as you used on 2000. If so, go to the downloads page and select the other one - for your reference the two links look like:

Oracle9i Database Release 2 Enterprise/Standard/Personal/Client Edition for Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)

Oracle9i Database Release 2 Enterprise/Standard/Personal Edition for Windows NT/2000/XP

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com