Re: Data Pump slower than equivalent Export ?!?

From: Matthias Hoys <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:40:57 +0200

> Today, I did some tests with Data Pump on AIX 5.2 (Oracle 10.1.0.4). First
> impressions ? Not so good. Lots of ORA-00600 errors during a full export,
> or an export of only metadata. I opened a TAR and Oracle is investigating
> this. And yes, I have read the docs ;-) Other issue : to be able to
> perform a full export, a user does not only need EXP_FULL_DATABASE, but
> also CREATE TABLE. Second issue : expdp can't overwrite already existing
> dump files with the same name ...
>
> The "good old" exp works fine though.
>
> Matthias Hoys

Finally got Data Pump working without any errors on AIX 5.2. I needed 2 extra patches (1 unpublished patch for AIX (ORA-00600) - which will be included in patch set 10.1.0.5.0 btw - , a second patch for a problem with Workspace Manager => needed to upgrade WM to version 10.1.0.3.0).

Mind you, I already had patch set 10.1.0.4 ...

Question to Oracle : are you properly TESTING new features on other platforms than Linux ? I mean, all I did was install 10.1.0.4.0 software + db on AIX 5.2, tried a full expdp and bam! => ORA-00600 ...

Matthias Hoys Received on Mon Sep 19 2005 - 13:40:57 CDT