Regarding the number of consistent gets.

From: Guru <gururajan.n_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2005 22:20:38 -0700

Hi,

   As per my understanding the number of consistent gets is the number of consistent reads from the logical memory. If the data is not available in the memory then the server process reads the data from the physical memory and put into the logical memory. My question is so the number of consistent gets should not more then the (db_cache_size / db_block_size). But in some execution plans I am seeing that the number of consistent gets is going more than the (db_cache_size / db_block_size ) and the physical reads is zero. If the number of consistent gets is more than (db_cache_size / db_block_size) then there should me some number of physical reads. Please light me up whether my understanding is wrong or right

Warm Regards
Guru
(gururajan.n_at_gmail.com) Received on Mon Sep 19 2005 - 00:20:38 CDT