Re: Question on Decode Versus Case

From: Doug <dougburns_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2005 13:40:13 -0700

In my opinion I can't see Oracle dropping DECODE. It would break too many existing apps and I can't see what benefit there would be. However, CASE is much more flexible, more readable and not completely Oracle-specific (if that matters to you).

If you are going to be using DECODE a lot, the following might prove helpful too.

http://doug.burns.tripod.com/decode.html (or doc or pdf, whichever you prefer)

Cheers,

--
Doug Burns - Oracle DBA