Re: HTMLDB on 9iR2

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 16 Sep 2005 01:52:39 -0700

Jeremy wrote:

> If I have an existing 9iR2 database and want to install HTMLDB from 10g,
> is it just a case of installing the pl/sql packages into the appropriate
> schema and then creating a new DAD or are there different versions of
> the HTTP listener and/or mod_plsql which are required?

Yes - that will do.

However Jeremy, if possible consider installing the 10G Apache/MOD_PLSQL server for HTMLDB from the 10G Companion CD. Should not be an issue as it installs in a separate ORACLE_HOME all together.

The 10G MOD_PLSQL has several improvements and thus far seem to me to be more robust and better behaved than the 9i version.

What really would make my day is if Oracle release MOD_PLSQL as OpenSource so that we can port it for use with Apache 2 and keep it in-line with the latest Apache releases and hotfix issues. Oh well.. I have a better change of getting a reponse on the following add in the personals:
==
Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own port. Access to free consert tickets a plus, as is having an open minded twin sister.
==
;-)

--
Billy