Re: Question about CTX and a virus on our server

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2005 09:52:30 -0700

it appears that the tempfile of interest is not available. there are a couple of ways to fix this:

  1. add the tempfile

SQL> ALTER TABLESPACE temp ADD TEMPFILE
'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\Database1\TEMP01.DBF' reuse size <value>;

2. drop the temporary tablespace and re-create it.

#2 is slightly complicated by the database property "default temporary tablespace".
One cannot drop the database's default temporary tablespace, so another tablespace must first be created and the database altered to use that as the default temporary tablespace. The other temporary tablespace could then be dropped/re-created and the database altered to use that as its default temporary tablespace once again.

Also - you'll want to change the password of all of the oracle default accounts to non-default values. You may also want to look into not providing the password on the command line, as that information is viewable in a process list.

hth.

-bdbafh Received on Thu Sep 15 2005 - 11:52:30 CDT