Re: Where is a temp tables DDL stored?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 14 Sep 2005 14:53:46 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 14 Sep 2005 13:21:42 -0700, "Daniel Fink" <danielwfink_at_yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I think we are disagreeing over semantics.
> >
> >I consider DDL to be the command that creates (or modifies) the object,
> >i.e. CREATE TABLE emp <...>; This command is not stored in the data
> >dictionary.
>
> I don't think we are disagreeing over semantics. It is quite clear you
> are ignorant of how Oracle works, and expect it to work the same way
> as a toy system like MySQL or sqlserver. In that case, please: dream
> on.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

I must agree with Daniel on this; there is no explicit DDL stored in the data dictionary, however the definitions for objects ARE stored there, and it's not a serious leap to take that information and generate the associated DDL.

It appears he does know how Oracle works. And, in my opinion, you are disagreeing on semantics.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Sep 14 2005 - 16:53:46 CDT